Vacancies at Acorn
Main Pay Scale 1 – 6 £23,720 to £35,008
Full time – Permanent
The Acorn Free School is seeking a talented and motivated teacher, who has the drive and ambition to join and develop our alternative provision free school. The Acorn Free School works in partnership with secondary schools throughout Lincolnshire supporting pupils who are presenting with emotional and behavioural challenges. Pupils are all dual registered and placed at The Acorn School for short-term intervention and then phased back into their mainstream setting.
The successful candidate will join a school of highly committed and talented staff dedicated to raising achievement and providing aspirational role models for all of our children. The successful candidate will lead either a KS3 or KS4 group dependent on applicant’s strengths.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Can demonstrate outstanding behaviour management skills and strategies
- Is able to teach innovative and creative lessons across a range of subjects
- Can support the development of an innovative and engaging curriculum
- Has extensive knowledge and understanding of assessment and target-setting for pupil over a short period of time
- Supports the inclusive ethos of the school and believes that every child should have the opportunity to fulfil their potential
- Is committed to their own personal and professional development
- Thrives in a collaborative working environment
The Acorn Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and we expect everyone to share this commitment. The School is legally obligated to process an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
The DBS check will reveal both spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any other information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role. Any information that is “protected” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 will not appear on a DBS certificate.
For posts in regulated activity, the DBS check will include a barred list check. It is an offence to seek employment in regulated activity if you are on a barred list.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school by prior appointment with the Business Manager.
Application packs are available by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th May at 9am, interviews will be held on Wednesday 22nd May.